2022 BOARD OF DIRECTORS OPEN SEATS
There are a total of four seats open on the Board of Directors of the San Francisco Bay Area InfraGard Members' Alliance (IMA), each for a two year term, starting in January, 2023. You must be an InfraGard Member of the San Francisco Chapter to be eligible.
To vote in the elections, log in to https://www.infragard.org/ and go to "My Chapter". There, you will see a field to vote.
Candidate statements can be viewed here https://www.sfbay-infragard.org/board-candidates.html
STEP 1:Review the description of the requirements and desired attributes for a Member of the Board of Directors of the San Francisco Bay Area InfraGard Members Alliance (below).
STEP 2:Write a short (no longer than one page, 12 point, single spaced) vision statement that gives a brief personal introduction and addresses the following questions. Longer vision statements will be truncated at one page.
- Why would you like to serve on the San Francisco Bay Area InfraGard Members' Alliance Board of Directors?
- What specific skills or professional capabilities would you bring to the Board of Directors?
- What particular opportunity do you see as being most important to the success of InfraGard, and what contribution do you see yourself making to the development of that opportunity?
- What is the most important challenge facing InfraGard and the local chapter? How would you address that challenge?
- Which of the Nation's critical infrastructure sectors are you most interested in? Please describe any relevant experience, background, or personal interest that you may have in these sectors.
STEP 3:E-mail your completed vision statement (in Microsoft Word or PDF format) to email@example.com. If accepted, this statement will be posted on the Members Only portion of the chapter's web site for review by all eligible voting members.
2022 BOARD SEAT ELECTION CALENDAR
- • October 15th, 2022 - Board seat availability announcement distributed via e-mail, with periodic reminders.
- • November 15th, 2022 - Deadline for candidate vision statements. E-mail vision statements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- • November 16th-18th, 2022 - Board review of candidate statements.
- • November 19th, 2022 - Candidate information posted at https://www.sfbay-infragard.org/board-candidates.html and voting opens.
- • December 20th, 2022 - Voting concludes.
- • January 29th, 2023 - New Board is announced.
BOARD MEMBER REQUIREMENTS AND DESIRED ATTRIBUTES
Requirements (personal and employer commitments)
- • Participation in quarterly general meetings (generally the third Thursday in February, May, August, November) (10+ hours).
- • Participation in regular meetings of the Board. In-person Board meetings are held on the third Thursday of every month (1.5+ hours). Dial-in options may be provided.
- • Must be a current InfraGard member in good standing.
- • 2-3 hours per Board meeting.
- • 4+ hours per general meeting (generally once per quarter, as noted).
- • 1-2 hours per week general work (meeting planning, coordination with partners, other meetings, research) or as required.
- • Some travel for local meetings and events.
- • Communications with the community and InfraGard members.
- • Strategic planning.
- • Strategic implementation.
- • Organizational management.
- • Project management and execution.
- • Representation of InfraGard to public and private sector.
- • Quarterly meeting planning and execution.
- • Board-level participation in a California non-profit, public benefit organization.
- • Contribute to the security of the local and national infrastructure.
- • Interact directly with other Board members, FBI representatives, and members of the community.
- • Represent InfraGard in a variety of settings, including meetings of other area groups (NCRIC, BARCfirst, ISSA, ISACA, etc.). This can include occasional speaking opportunities.
- • Leadership experience.
- • Management experience.
- • Superior organizational skills.
- • Excellent time management/efficiency.
- • Connections or experience with relevant organizations or agencies.
- • Media/Public relations experience.
- • Experience in information sharing/collaboration.
- • International perspective.