2017 Board of Directors Open Seats
There are a total of two seats open on the Board of Directors of the San Francisco Bay Area InfraGard Members' Alliance (IMA), each for a two year term, starting in January, 2018.
Review the description of the requirements and desired attributes for a Member of the Board of Directors of the San Francisco Bay Area InfraGard Members Alliance (below).
Write a short (no longer than one page, 12 point, single spaced) vision statement that gives a brief personal introduction and addresses the following questions. Longer vision statements will be truncated at one page.
- Why would you like to serve on the San Francisco Bay Area InfraGard Members' Alliance Board of Directors?
- What specific skills or professional capabilities would you bring to the Board of Directors?
- What particular opportunity do you see as being most important to the success of InfraGard, and what contribution do you see yourself making to the development of that opportunity?
- What is the most important challenge facing InfraGard and the local chapter? How would you address that challenge?
- Which of the Nation's critical infrastructure sectors are you most interested in? Please describe any relevant experience, background, or personal interest that you may have in these sectors.
E-mail your completed vision statement (in Microsoft Word or PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.If accepted, this statement will be posted on the Members Only portion of the chapter's web site for review by all eligible voting members.
2017 BOARD SEAT ELECTION CALENDAR
- December, 2017 - Board seat availability announcement distributed via e-mail, with periodic reminders.
- Sunday, December 31, 2017 - Deadline for candidate vision statements. E-mail vision statements to email@example.com.
- Friday, January 5, 2018 - Board review of candidate statements.
- Monday, January 8, 2018 Candidate information posted at www.sfbay-infragard.org/members-only/Board_election_2017.html and voting opens.
- Monday, January 22, 2018 - Voting concludes.
- Week of January 29, 2018 - New Board is announced.
BOARD MEMBER REQUIREMENTS AND DESIRED ATTRIBUTES
Requirements (personal and employer commitments)
- Participation in quarterly general meetings (generally the third Thursday in February, May, August, November) (5+ hours)
- Participation in regular meetings of the Board. In-person Board meetings are held on the third Thursday of every month (11am - 1pm). Dial-in options may be provided.
- Must be a current InfraGard member in good standing
- 2-3 hours per Board meeting
- 4+ hours per general meeting (generally once per quarter, as noted)
- 1-2 hours per week general work (meeting planning, coordination with partners, other meetings, research) or as required
- Some travel for local meetings and events
- Communications with the community and InfraGard members
- Strategic planning
- Strategic implementation
- Organizational management
- Project management and execution
- Representation of InfraGard to public and private sector
- Quarterly meeting planning and execution
- Board-level participation in a California non-profit, public benefit organization
- Contribute to the security of the local and national infrastructure
- Interact directly with other Board members, FBI representatives, and members of the community
- Represent InfraGard in a variety of settings, including meetings of other area groups (NCRIC, BARCfirst, ISSA, ISACA, etc.). This can include occasional speaking opportunities.
- Leadership experience
- Management experience
- Superior organizational skills
- Excellent time management/efficiency
- Connections or experience with relevant organizations or agencies
- Media/Public relations experience
- Experience in information sharing/collaboration
- International perspective